Established in 1906. Our building was built in 1887 and the first drug store here opened in 1894. The building was split into three different businesses at the time: a drug store, a dry goods store, and a grocery store. In 1906, the name of the drug store was changed to Model Drug Store. In 1925, a soda fountain was added and extensive remodeling was done. The soda fountain was removed around 1962 and a gift shop was added. The gift shop was further expanded in 1975 by knocking down a wall and combining what used to be two separate businesses. In 2014, the drug store closed and the name changed to Apothecary Gift Shop.
Apothecary Gift Shop has been in the same family for over 50 years now.